WestCare Illinois (WCIL) came to Illinois in 2006 to operate a therapeutic community program offering substance use disorder (SUD) treatment and supportive services to inmates at the Sheridan Correctional Center, which is a fully-dedicated in-prison treatment and reentry program.
In 2009, WCIL was contracted by the Cook County Department of Corrections to operate an in-depth Therapeutic Community SUD and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment program for adult males at the IMPACT program in Cook County Jail.
Presently, WCIL’s prison and jail-based SUD and co-occurring treatment programs have grown. Programs are located within:
- Crossroads Adult Transition Center (50 treatment beds for men)
- Dixon Springs Bootcamp (234 male and 50 female treatment beds)
- Du Quoin Bootcamp (300 treatment beds for men)
- Harrisburg IDJJ Illinois Youth Center – (25 young men treatment beds)
- IMPACT at Cook County Jail (145 treatment beds for men)
- Lincoln Correctional Center (50 treatment beds for men)
- Logan Correctional Center (130 male [Dual-Diagnosis Treatment] and 26 female [Women of Dignity] treatment beds)
- Sheridan Correctional Center (1,250 male treatment beds and 400 male reentry beds)